Every truck accident case and every person is different. The value of your case depends on several factors. The accident investigation will also be critical. Often, there are layers of insurance coverage, excess coverages, umbrella insurance policies or sister corporations. There can also be different entities, such as shippers and load brokers, who may also be responsible and have additional insurance coverage.
Truck accident victims may be entitled to compensation for any physical, emotional, or financial losses suffered in an accident. Victims are entitled to consideration of the following:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Physical pain and suffering (past and future)
- Mental pain and suffering (past and future);
- The victim’s age at the time of the accident;
- The victim’s physical condition immediately before and after the accident;
- The nature and extent of the injuries;
- Whether the injuries are permanent;
- The physical impairment;
- The disfigurement;
- Loss of (earnings/time);
- Impairment of earning capacity;
The factors in a fatal collision are different still. The bottom line is that there is no short answer. It takes hard work and dedication to properly value your case. Remember that we are talking about the justice your family deserves, not just dollars and cents. Call us today to discuss this further.